Your Green Connection
Goumbook connects people and companies to enter the region’s green economy, form new business relationships and establish local partnerships.
Goumbook empowers local businesses and international organizations based in the UAE to contribute positively to the advancement of their sustainable development by engaging their management and staff in CSR activities and events, making them more aware and concerned with environmental issues.
- To spread the environmental message in preserving and protecting the environment
- To increase the level of internal awareness on all local, regional and global environmental issues
- To assist, where possible, in implementing environmental programs and projects
- To promote positive environmental action by individuals through active participation in specific projects, campaigns and activities (see our ‘Give a Ghaf Tree Planting Programme‘, ‘Drop It – Rethink Plastic‘ and ‘Drop It Youth‘ campaigns)
- To promote community waste reduction and recycling schemes, both to protect the environment and to improve the community’s environmental awareness
- To exchange information, experience and practices inviting green businesses to present their services and products
- To mobilize the experts on various environmental issues from the public and private sectors.
Goumbook Speaking Engagements
Goumbook’s team is available for speaking engagements and workshops and we are regularly invited to speak at local events and conferences. If you would like us to contribute to your event, please contact us.
2017 – 11 – 21 Sustaining the Future, panel discussion, Sharjah Entrepreneurship Festival under the Patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Bodour Al Qasimi.
2017 – 10 – 13 The Ghaf Tree and the Living Desert, awareness talk, DHL Annual Conference in partnership with Plant-For-The-Planet, Dubai
2017 – 10 – 01 What is a Social Enterprise, panel discussion, CSR in action – Al Ahli Group & DubaiSME
2017- 09 – 26 Water Conservation, awareness session, American University Sharjah (AUS)
2017 – 06 – 06 Where do you place NGOs in the value chain and their role in the Year of Giving, Marking The Year of Giving annual Dubai Dialogue Conference – Dubai Chamber
2017 – 05 – 25 Priority themes and projects for the Year of Giving 2017, Round Table Discussions, Dubai Chamber
2017 – 05 – 17 Improving Environmental Awareness and Sustainability in the Region, panel discussion, Ta’atheer – CSR & Social Impact Forum, Dubai
2017 – 05 – 15 Goumbook, Sustainability and Social Impact, private talk, Danish Business Women in Dubai
2017 – 03 – 13 Environmental Education in the Communities, Moral Education – Principals Symposium, Dubai
2017 – 03 – 08 Women in Business #beboldforchange, panel discussion, International Women’s Day forum – Spanish Business Council, Dubai
2016 – 11 – 22 Sustainability & Circular Economy, Sustainability Matters Conference, Dubai Dialogue – Dubai Chamber
2016 – 09 – 25 The importance of Environmental Education, Beyond COP21 Symposium, GEMS Schools, Dubai
2015 – 06 – 10 PechaKucha Night, Design Space 1971, Sharjah
2014 – 06 – 03 Givers Gain and the UAE’s vision, how the business community can give back, Network Like a Pro event – BNI, Dubai
2013 – 06 Sustainability in the UAE, awareness talk, Transguard – Emirates Group, Dubai.
2013 – 05 The Ghaf tree and the UAE leadership, presentation, Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi
2013 – 02 Green Panel, Social Enterprise Week, Change Initiative, Dubai
2013 – 02 Sustainability in the UAE, awareness session, Middlesex University, Dubai
2012 – 06 Master of Ceremony at the International Green Awards – Dubai Summit, Dubai Chamber, Dubai
2011 – 06 Illusions of Going Green, panel discussion, EPIC, Dubai Mall
2011 – 05 Illusions of Going Green, panel discussion, Sharjah Chamber of Commerce
2011 – 04 5 Minutes to Save the Planet, Workshop on New Media and Environmental Awareness, TEDxAbuDhabiU, Abu Dhabi University.
2010 – 10 Make your Future Green, Future Green official opening in partnership with TECOM-ENPARK, Knowledge Village, Dubai