In this episode, Tatiana is joined by Tarek Al Khoury, Regional Coordinator for Resource Efficiency and Sustainable Consumption and Production at the West Asia Office of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). They talk about UNEP initiatives to promote the UN Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, more precisely SDG12, and how we can all work together to reduce food waste. Recently Tarek was also part of a panel discussion moderated by Tatiana at the Food For Future Summit 2022 to discuss policies and legal frameworks to reduce food waste.
Food waste is a topic that needs our urgent attention, and this has come up a few times on the show with previous guests as well:
- Rethinking food waste as a resource, with Ryan Ingram
- Organic farming in the UAE, with Elena Kinane
- Sustainable fine dining, with Luca Gagliardi
- Pioneering sustainable solutions to tackle food security, with Abdulaziz AlMulla
- The role of insects in the future of food, with Patrick Crowley